So, OTW elections start tomorrow and because I still haven't finished going through my Australia photos to make a picture post, have some waffling about the elections.
Because I really, really don't want to get the whole thing any more wanky than it already is (we had honest to fuck sockpuppeting during one the chats guys, there are no words to describe the level of WTF) I am just going to tell you a bit about the people I am going to rank on my ballot. This overlaps to some degree with one of the questions asked during the Q&A ("Can you say something positive about three of your fellow candidates?") but I don't care.
So, without further ado, the people I will rank on my ballot:
- Alex - That's me, so, anything I say is suspect anyway, but I will totally vote for me!
- Aline - Aline is Brazilian and our concepts of time and punctuality could not be further apart. We can have endless, utterly pointless arguments about those. Or showers. Or what exactly counts as 'cold' weather. It's really fun. No matter how much joking and arguing there is, Aline will always follows through on any job she says she'll take on. She can keep a clear head in any situation and will not let frustration and anger cloud her judgment in any way. In addition to all that, she has a very suspect taste in fic and is one of my favourite sources for badwrong!recs because of that >.>
- Atiya - She'll always be Lady Oscar to me. She is a fountain of knowledge about the Archive. There's nothing too obscure she doesn't know about. She answers such a massive amount of Support tickets while at the same time manning the testing team nearly on her own, it's unbelievable. She also volunteers at the zoo and likes aardvarks and axolotls!
- Katarina - Kati is an amazingly prolific podficcer (as tinypinkmouse). How she juggles work on the Translation and Abuse committees with participating in podficcathons I don't know, but she manages and manages brilliantly. She's also Finnish, wonderfully laconic, and always happy to confirm any Scandinavia and the World stereotypes you throw at her. Asking Kati about her puukko or her experiences as a bartender tends to result in very interesting storys.
- Matty - Matty is amazing, in her calm and laid back way she has managed to give new life to at least two committees in turn. She currently chairs the Abuse committee and while having to deal with the level of spam and trolling must be stressing, you wouldn't know it from talking to her. Composure and practicality are the first two things that come to mind when I think about Matty and she's very likely going to be the candidate I rank as number 1.
There you have it. Now, more wading through pictures. I need a new series to marathon while I do that, I ran out of Person of Interest last week. Any recommendations?